The morning I first poured Zero Carb Golden Pancake Syrup on my pancakes I was so happy! I mean dance-around-the-kitchen-with-the-jug-of-syrup-happy.
Last summer my SIL made Buttermilk syrup that was so good you mostly just wanted to forget the pancakes and get out a cup. My quest has been to develop something like this nectar but without all the carbs.
Imagine my surprise when after totaling up the nutrition facts on my latest new recipe attemptI discovered that it was zero carbs. (Well okay, if you drank about 3/4 of a cup it would add up to 1 carb. But that's not in my plans. 🙂 )
The taste of this syrup is buttery, rich and sweet. The texture is just the right balance between pour-able and thick. It clung to my pancakes and smelled like syrup heaven.
Powder the Swerve even more in a bullet blender before adding to the ingredients as Swerve has a tendency to be somewhat granular in liquid.
You serve the Zero Carb Golden Pancake Syrup warm and it re-warms well. Just be certain that you keep it in between uses in the refrigerator in a microwavable container.
It lasts about 2 weeks in the fridge. But it will disappear before then. Enjoy! - Laura
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup powdered swerve
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- ⅛ tsp. salt (pinch)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. maple flavoring (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter.
- Add the Swerve, salt, cream, water and vinegar.
- Stir and bring mixture to a full boil.
- Allow it to boil 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla and/or maple flavoring.
- It will foam up a lot when you add the soda and flavorings.
- Serve it warm over your favorite low carb pancakes or waffles.
- Keep syrup in a container that can be used in both the microwave and the refrigerator.
- Keep the syrup in the refrigerator between uses for up to 3 weeks. Stir and gently rewarm when needed before serving.
- Makes about 1 ½ cups or 24 – 1 tablespoon servings.