I used a few drops of Green Tabasco instead of a jalapeno to control the heat level in this recipe, but use a seeded and finely chopped jalapeno if you wish. Enjoy!
Creamy Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
Zesty creamy green Fresh Mex dressing. Serve with salad, tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and nachos.
Serves: about 3 cups
- 1 pkt ranch dressing (3 T.of dry mix)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-3 tomatillos, (paper-like cover removed washed & quartered)
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped (woody stems removed below leaves)
- ¼ tsp. chopped garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2-4 drops green tobacco sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend 30 seconds to 1 minute until all ingredients are emulsified. Serve it immediately or pour into covered container and keep refrigerated. It lasts up to a week in the refrigerator.
Baker’s secrets: To use as a dip: Reduce buttermilk to ½ cup.
Serving size: 1-2 T.