This recipe for BLT Blue Cheese Loaded Lettuce Wedges is so simple I wondered if I should even share it with you. The clincher for me and why I'm talking to you today is the dressing. Homemade Blue Cheese dressing.
Homemade Blue Cheese dressing is something that store bought dressing just can't hold a bottle to. I think it's ten times better and I was surprised at how thrifty the calories and carbs are in this recipe. It's just four ingredients and it whips together in a couple of minutes.
The BLT Blue Cheese Loaded Lettuce Wedges can be used to make a light meal or a hearty side salad.
BLT Blue Cheese Loaded Lettuce Wedges
1 head Iceberg Lettuce
1 roma tomato, chopped
4 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 T. Easy Blue Cheese Dressing (recipe below)
1.Core, Clean and Quarter the head of Iceberg lettuce.
2. Place lettuce quarters on a serving platter or individual dishes.
3. Garnish each wedge with even portions of 2 T. Blue Cheese dressing, chopped tomato, and bacon crumbles.
The following recipe is a very creamy Blue Cheese dressing. It is a simple recipe too. There are no extra spices in it. It allows the flavor of the Blue cheese to come through uninterrupted. It is a good introduction of Blue Cheese for someone who wants to try it for the first time.
Also, it thickens when chilled. You may need to stir 1-3 tsps. half and half into it when it comes out of the fridge.
Get it Here | Make it at Home
Easy Blue Cheese Dressing
Simple and quick homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. You will never go back to buying it at the store.
Author: Laura Hickman
Recipe type: Condiment
Serves: 2 cups dressing
- ½ cup Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, light
- ½ cup Light Olive oil Mayonnaise
- ½ cup half and half
- Fork mash ¼ cup of blue cheese crumbles, cream cheese and mayonnaise in a small mixing bowl and stir together well.
- Add half and half and until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Gently stir in the remaining Blue Cheese crumbles.
Serving size: 2 T. Calories: 44 Carbohydrates: 1 Fiber: .4