OK, confession time. -I’m a Pinterest addict. I love the soothing pictures and pouring over the recipes and helpful tips. In fact I’ve tried quite a few of them with varying results. If you’d like to see my boards, you can find me on Pinterest by clicking here.
So, I thought I’d share with you some of the successes. Today is a little pictorial of two pins I really liked. They work very well and both help prevent spills in the kitchen cupboard. The originals can be found on my Pinterest board : Domestic Intelligence. The Origami resource center is where the chip bag fold is from and has a ton of fun things on it and well worth a few minutes of surfing time. Imgur.com is where the chocolate chip lid is from.
My two picks for today are:
1.Putting a Lid on Your Chocolate Chips
2. The Chip Bag Fold
Keeping a Lid on Your Chocolate Chips:
1. I started this project by drinking a delicious Sobi drink. It seemed to have a large enough mouth, though I think Gatorade might be larger.
2. I washed the bottle and cut it off leaving about 2 inches below the bottle neck. (I cut it with a large knife (Careful!) and then trimmed it evenly with my kitchen shears.
3. I then inserted the bag end through the bottle’s neck.
4. And folded the bag edge back. and put the lid on over the bag, which is done quite easily.
5. Yay! No-spill chocolate chips.
The Chip Bag Fold
1. Fold down the bag edges to a point like the picture.
2. Fold the bag from the point down about 4 times. then grasping ’wings’ and fold between thumb and fingers flip it up and over, turning it inside out and tucking into fold underneath. (Follow the arrows.)
3. The fold you made is now tucked under and will stay closed! No more chip clips. Oh yeah.