My Millionaire Spaghetti Squash is a recipe makeover of a starchy classic into a new low carb star. This casserole is now a favorite in my low carb recipe arsenal. I adore comfort food that is also is low carb.
It's simple to make:
Layer the creamy cheese layer over a bed of spaghetti squash.
Mix the pasta sauce and cooked beef and spread over a second bed of spaghetti squash.
Then you add the shedded cheeses and the Italian seasoning over the meat mixture and pop it in the oven for 40-45 minutes until it is hot and bubbley and the fabulous smell has filled the house.
The hardest part of this entire recipe is allowing the Millionaire Spaghetti Squash a few minutes to rest and set before cutting and serving. But then Dig in!
The carb count is a bit higher than some of my other recipes, at 9.6 net carbs. But since you are saving about 40 carbs per serving over the original recipe it's an absolute low carb bargain. Enjoy! - Laura
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 16 oz Extra Lean Ground Beef (Cooked and crumbled)
- 2 cups Classico Four Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 8 tbsp Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Colby-Jack Shredded Cheese
- 6 cups Squash, Spaghetti (cooked. shredded & divided)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spritz a 3-4 quart casserole dish or baking pan with vegetable coating spray.
- Evenly spread 3 cups of spaghetti squash in bottom of pan
- In a small mixing bowl stir together softened cream cheese, cottage cheese and chopped garlic.
- Dollop cheese mixture over spaghetti squash and smooth out evenly with back of spoon.
- Evenly spread last 3 cups of spaghetti squash over the cheese mixture
- Stir together meat and pasta sauce and spread evenly over top layer of spaghetti squash.
- Sprinkle the colby jack cheese over the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and the Italian seasoning on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes till cheese is melted and bubbly.