This Speedy Shrimp Scampi is a great company dish (or a nice the-kids-are-in-bed-date-night-at-home-supper). 🙂
Low carbing requires a lot of 'from scratch' cooking and so when I can find a few shortcuts, I take them. This recipe comes together quickly using pre-cooked shrimp and canned tomatoes. It can be on the table in just under 30 minutes.
This dish provides a contrast of flavors with a tomato-onion-garlic base against the mildness of the shrimp. It weighs in with just under 6 net carbs per serving and 267 calories. It also provides a very nice 30 grams of protein.
Although it is low in calories, it satisfied my husband and I in both flavor and portion size. Overall we both thought it was reminiscent of something that might be on the menu in a nice Italian restaurant. Enjoy! - Laura
- 16 oz Shrimp, frozen, pre-cooked, thawed with tails removed
- 15 oz can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- ¼ cup leaves, fresh Basil, (chopped)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan, fresh
- ½ cup Feta cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 3 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat oven to 425.
- In a medium saucepan, saute chopped onion in oil, till limp and add garlic and saute one more minute.
- Add tomatoes and salt and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Spray 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Make two layers dividing ingredients evenly in this order: Tomato mixture, chopped basil, shrimp, feta, and Parmesan, and repeat.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of extra Italian seasoning and garnish with extra basil leaves, if desired.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is just melted. Do not over bake. Serve immediately.
Thanks to these inspirations: