I admit it. I love cheese. It is my number one comfort food. I especially love it warm and a bit gooey. That's why when I saw a cute little video for Pizza Dip recently, I just couldn't wait to make it. In fact I was ecstatic to realize that I already had all the ingredients in my kitchen.
I swapped out an ingredient or two, and formalized the recipe for carb count as well as my own sanity. 🙂 It is super easy and fast to make. It's great with a few cut up veggies as the conveyors of cheesy goodness.
As you can see this is a layered dip. There is a 3 cheese layer on the bottom, followed by marinara sauce, then pepperoni and mushrooms and topped with more cheese and herbs. Then the whole thing is placed in a hot oven until bubbly-good.
It was so hard to wait for it to cool a couple of minutes so as not to burn my tongue. Oh. So. Yum. If you serve it for a party just be prepared to make it twice because it will disappear quickly. Enjoy! -Laura
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup water
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup fresh shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1 cups slice mushrooms
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray Pie pan with vegetable spray
- In small sauce pan stir water, cream and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add ½ cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheese to cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour cheese mixture into prepared pie pan.
- Gently ladle marinara evenly over cheese sauce
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over marinara.
- Evenly place pepperonis and sliced mushrooms on top.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Thank you! Thank you!