This Low Carb Quick Quiche recipe is a favorite meal at our house. I've been making Quick Quiche for years. But it wasn't until recently I realized that I could make it low carb. I adapted it from an old baking mix recipe i found on the side of a box. It was so easy to adapt this recipe to low carb that I'm surprised I didn't do it sooner.
As you can see by the photo below this recipe is easy to double and perfect for surprise guests. I also freezes and warms up in the microwave well.
I'm always looking for a way to use eggs in lunch or dinner menus and this one is at the top of my list. Thanks to the addition of cheese and ham this recipe packs a punch of protein at 18.4 grams a serving and is thrifty in the carb department at just 3.7 grams. Net carbs are a crazy low 2.7.
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ tsp chopped garlic
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 cup shredded swiss or colby jack cheese
- ½ cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp provencal herbs (optional)
- heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a glass or ceramic 9" pie pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Place eggs, cream, water, garlic, almond flour, salt and baking powder in a large blender jar and blend on high about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle the ham cubes into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Gently pour the egg mixture over the ham.
- Sprinkle the top with both cheeses and the Provencal (if using).
- Place in oven and bake 40-44 minutes till lightly golden.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes after taking the quiche from the oven, before slicing.