This easy Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef Stroganoff is made for one of those days when you really want or need to dump everything into the Crockpot and forget about until just before dinnertime.
Staying in the rhythm of a lower carb eating plan can be strenuous, difficult. I keep a few little things in the pantry that I make small exceptions for on the hard days. One of these is Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup. It is fairly high in taste and low in carbs, but it does contain a little wheat as many canned soups do. (And so you know, I am not being paid to tell you about the soup, it's just what I do. 🙂 )
I love this dish because you just dump everything into the crockpot except for the final ingredient and forget about it for several hours. It's perfect for weekends.
I keep an eye open for a good sale on roast beef and then I will buy two. -- One for a 'Sunday' dinner and the other to cut up into stew meat, barbecue, and stir-fry meat. If it is a lot of meat, I double freezer bag it, write the date on it and pop it in the freezer for future use. I love saving money and getting what I really want at the same time!
Another great aspect is that you can serve it over cauliflower rice or zoodles for yourself and regular rice or noodles for everyone else. This recipe makes a big batch -- 6 servings. The calories are surprisingly low at 237 and the carbs are quite thrifty at 6.2 grams per serving. Enjoy!
- 1½ lbs. beef stew meat or roast, cut in small chunks
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- Mix beef broth, cream of Mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce together with salt and set aside.
- Place chopped onion in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Place meat over onions.
- Pour soup mixture over the meat and onions.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours or high about 3 hours total.
- Stir in sour cream during the last few minutes.